Course Dates: Spring 2014
Course Location: 419 Lafayette Street Floor 7, New York NY 10003
PPS’ ‘Streets as Places’ training is held in the heart of New York City, which has established itself as a leader in street design and multi-modal integration. Over the last 7 years, New York has become a laboratory for innovation through dozens of Department of Transportation projects that have their roots in PPS’s NYC Streets Renaissance campaign effort, from the Plaza and Parklets programs, to the ribbons of new bikeway and pedestrian space that now run through the city.
Course participants will learn from a roster of experts how to transform streets into true destinations that attract people, spur economic development, and build community. The course content includes:
- Principles and practical how-to advice to foster Streets as Places
- How to successfully engage transportation engineers to get the streets you want
- On-site exercises you can bring back to your community work, including how to plan your street network and how to evaluate opportunities for street improvements
- Ways to jump-start change on your streets right away, through our Lighter, Quicker, Cheaper approach
- Tours of local innovative street projects in NYC
‘Streets as Places’ is geared toward both seasoned and emerging planning, health, transportation, and Placemaking professionals. The training presents an incredible opportunity to learn from experienced professionals and meet other zealous nuts. We encourage teams of professionals embarking on a new project to register as a group to maximize their collective impact on the implementation and management of Placemaking projects.
In order to help you plan your trip
*Breakfast and lunch are inclued on both Monday and Tuesday.