Project for Public Spaces is seeking a Junior Marketing Associate to become a core member of its marketing and communications team. The Junior Marketing Associate is responsible for managing the organization’s social media outlets, promoting our services through promotional materials and content marketing, submitting project proposals for public space improvements around the world, and supporting the overall administration of the department.
We are looking for an organized and proactive individual with experience in social media and marketing, and a connection to our mission to help people create and sustain public spaces that build strong communities. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where collaboration is key, be a creative thinker, and have excellent communication skills. As Junior Marketing Associate, the selected individual will have the opportunity to gain firsthand experience in various aspects of marketing and business development that straddles the urban design and nonprofit fields.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Business Development with producing and editing qualifications packages for proposals and other marketing materials.
- Regularly update marketing materials, including project qualifications, staff resumes, firm profiles, references, and forms and statements for proposals.
- Maintain internal marketing image library and assist in developing client database.
- Perform departmental administrative tasks, including maintaining schedules, timelines, and deadlines of all business development efforts.
- Write creative and persuasive content for a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, as well as regular newsletters.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create an integrated social media schedule, which supports the diversity of Project for Public Spaces activities.
- Develop creative initiatives and campaigns to reach new audiences and engage existing followers, and stay up to date with changing social media technologies.
- Conduct regular analytics for the PPS website, social media channels, and newsletter to understand and improve readership and the conversion of potential readers, attendees, clients, and donors.
- Contribute content marketing to the Project for Public Spaces blog as needed.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Proven experience managing organizational social media, and conducting analyses of SEO, user behavior, conversion rates, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign.
- Solid general computer skills, including Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with a goal-oriented personality.
- Experience with online communications platforms, particularly social media management tools like Sprout Social or Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and Webflow.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments at once. Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant field.
- One year of experience working in marketing for an architecture/design firm, creative agency, or similar.
- Background or familiarity with the built environment, placemaking, public space, landscape architecture, city planning, or related topics.
- Familiarity with CRM systems, such as SalesForce.
Project for Public Spaces (PPS) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people create and sustain public spaces that build strong communities. We are the central hub of the global placemaking movement, connecting people to ideas, resources, expertise, and partners who see place as the key to addressing our greatest challenges.
PPS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status. We believe in creating a workplace based on equal opportunity, and in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, PPS:
- Hires staff that reflects this country's full range of racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic identities;
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the PPS community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position with a benefits package that includes full health coverage, employee contributed 403(b),and generous vacation and paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the subject “Junior Marketing Associate." Position is open until filled.
Please email your application in a single PDF labeled "FirstName LastName - Position."