Rather than planning for the year 2050 or even 2030, given our uncertain times, when so many city and state governments are facing serious budget cutbacks, PPS proposes a visionary approach for improving our communities- “Plan 2011: Creating the City of Tomorrow— Today.”
As an antidote to the long range planning fever that has gripped cities from Abu Dhabi to Ashland, Oregon, we’re celebrating all the ways towns and cities are improving their public spaces right away.
Here are some cost-effective Plan 2011 initiatives — from a new Placemaking App for Smart phones to new ways to overcome congestion– that are transforming urban life today.
- NYCDOT Announces New, Forward-Thinking Plan for Prospect Park West
- Texas Bus Agency Taps Riders’ Psychic Powers to Improve Service
- The Placemaking Revolution Comes to Your Pocket
- A Visionary Plan to Eliminate Traffic Congestion in NYC
- Weather or Not
- My Time Magazine- Idea of the Year