Course Dates: Spring 2014
Course Location: 419 Lafayette Street Floor 7, New York NY 10003
The Placemaking 201: Making it Happen Training is a three day training focused specifically on best practices for public space management and implementation. All presentations and disucssions will build on place-based strategies to improve the public spaces in your city. Additionally, discussions will invite participants to begin to craft a campaign for the city of the future. Speakers include individuals who have direct, hands on experience in Placemaking across the country.
This training will explore best practices around public space management and how we can continue to build a Placemaking Campaign. The training will include an interactive PlaceGame Workshop, a walking tour and will cover topics such as:
- Placemaking & Agendas for Transforming Cities Presentation
- Lighter, Quicker, Cheaper Presentation & Discussion
- From Principles to Practice: Key elements to public space implementation & management
- Managing Public Spaces: A week in the life of a public space manager
- Place Evaluation
- Presentation & Discussion: Architecture of Place: Turning the design process upside down
- Creating the City of the Future
- Apply Lessons Learned to Participant Projects
- Building & Sustaining a Campaign for the City of the Future
We encourage people who are embarking on a new project to come to the training with a small team of people critical in implementing and managing the public space. This training also presents an opportunity to network with people facing or who have faced similar challenges.
An agenda will be sent out as the course date nears.
In order to help you plan your trip
*Breakfast and lunch are included on both Thursday and Friday.