Pro Walk/Pro Bike®: Pro Place, the leading international conference on Walking, Bicycling, and creating great communities through Placemaking, with more than 100 program sessions, mobile workshops, and problem-solving workshops. In 2014, we will be heading to Pittsburgh, please join us.
Pro Walk/Pro Bike®?
More than 1,000 people, including:
- Advocates and civic leaders
- Government officials
- Public health professionals
- Architects and landscape architects
What Pro Walk/Pro Bike® 2012 offered:
- 133.5 CM credits for members of the American Institute of Certified Planners and 108 credits for AIA members.
- Coverage of the hottest walking and bicycling topics and technologies, including Bike Share, Open Streets, Placemaking, and Cycletracks.
- Great networking with 1,000 attendees from diverse sectors
- Problem solving workshops and sessions to help you build coalitions, create great plans and designs, and grow the political support and funding you need
- Sessions on Safe Routes to School, Complete Streets, Public Health and Transportation, and Bike-Ped Data and Performance Measures
- A chance to experience one of the country’s most bike-friendly cities: Long Beach has installed 130 miles of bike trails, created bike boulevards and bike-friendly business districts, and installed 1,200 new bike racks.
- Special rates for PWPB attendees on a How to Turn a Place Around Placemaking training course that directly followed the conference in Long Beach.
Established in 1980, the 17th meeting of Pro Walk/Pro Bike featured exciting and provocative keynotes including:
Mikael Colville-Andersen, Denmark’s iconoclastic Bicycle Ambassador and CEO at Copenhagenize Consulting, who coined the phrase Cycle Chic and launched the worldwide movement in 2006. Mikael and his team advise cities around the world in all matters regarding the bicycle, including infrastructure, planning and communication strategies. More about Mikael.