Fred will keynote the conference and is joined by fellow speakers Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino; Richard Walker, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston; Melinda Marble, Barr Foundation; and Lisa Davis, Ford Foundation. Registration is still open. The event is free but seating is limited.
Placemaking provides the tools to achieve smart growth outcomes. Learn more about Placemaking for Smart Growth, including the benefits of applying a Placemaking approach to Smart Growth:
- Brings in new and “unlikely” partners
- Identifies short–term opportunities that are small scale and cost effective
- Leverages existing infrastructure and assets, funding and projects
- Builds community partnerships, grassroots support and capacity for implementation
- Transforms the way we think of the role of our streets, parks, public buildings, farmers markets, and new development.
- Attracts commitment and investment for bold new visions