The market was rebuilt not long after the Panic of 1873. The new building, designed by architect Douglas Smyth, opened in 1884. This photo dates to 1912.

The market was rebuilt not long after the Panic of 1873. The new building, designed by architect Douglas Smyth, opened in 1884. This photo dates to 1912. was last modified: November 21st, 2012 by Brendan Crain