We can help building managers, property owners, and the larger community to build a vision for transforming its public realm, using techniques such as time-lapse filming, observations, and specially designed surveys to analyze how people actually use public space.
The end product is typically a concept/vision for a place that outlines the issues, makes recommendations, and suggests a strategy for the next steps. Recommendations include small-scale, easily implemented improvements that quickly enhance the social and economic vitality of public spaces.
Specific components of the process include:
- Analyzing the problems of the space
- Setting objectives
- Site observations and documentation
- User interviews and on-site behavioral analysis
- Literature research
- Community visioning and public forums
- Management programs for the space (e.g.: events programming, maintenance, security, retail planning)